YOUR LIPS NEED SOME GOOD CARE PLUS SOME KISSES TOOSoilscents
“I like a bright lip. It makes me feel like I can take over the world.” I loved Priyanka Chopra saying that. She is so confident! And, iconic beauty Elizabeth Taylor said almost the same thing decades ago, “I always carry a lip balm and lipstick in my bag. Lipstick is a very powerful thing; it can change your whole face.”
And, when you come to think of it, lips indeed are a topic of conversation, not just by celebrities but among our circle of friends too. “Do you smoke” has been my friends’ irritating query thrown towards me for years because of the dark tone of my lips. Though I learned to shrug off with a comment, “No, I just got kissed thoroughly by someone who smokes, the colour must have caught on”, that question still stings. Lips are indeed major in the beauty game.
That is why they need proper care and pampering every day. So, however busy you are, keep these few points in mind to help them stay soft and silky.
* You might be tempted, but you should avoid biting or peeling off dry skin as this can cause further damage. Instead, use a soft toothbrush or a damp cloth to gently exfoliate the lips.
* Your lips too need water, keep them well-hydrated by drinking enough water throughout the day. You can also apply a nourishing lip balm regularly to prevent dryness and chapping.
Made with a rich combo of shea butter, cocoa butter, beeswax, sweet almond oil, marigold extract, blood orange essential oil and Vitamin E, this lip balm is what you need for long-lasting hydration and a subtle shine.
* Regularly exfoliate your lips to remove dead skin cells and promote a smoother texture. You can use a gentle lip scrub or create your own by mixing honey and sugar. Gently massage the scrub onto your lips in circular motions, then rinse off with lukewarm water.
* Just like your skin, your lips are susceptible to sun damage. Protect them by using a lip balm or lipstick that contains SPF when you’re exposed to the sun. This will shield your lips from harmful UV rays and maintain their softness.
* This might be a habit but avoid licking your lips as it can lead to dryness and irritation. Instead, reach for your lip balm to provide moisture.
In addition to shea and cocoa butter, this lip balm is enriched with spearmint oil, vanilla essential oil and Vitamin E to improve the skin tone and soothe chapped lips.
* Don’t forget the diet! A healthy diet rich in vitamins and minerals can contribute to the overall health and appearance of your lips. Include foods high in vitamins A, C, and E, as well as essential fatty acids, to promote softness and suppleness.
- Always remember to remove any lipstick or lip product before going to bed. Leaving them on overnight can cause dryness.
* For an extra boost of hydration, consider using an overnight lip mask or applying a layer of petroleum jelly before going to bed. This will provide intensive moisture and help repair dry, chapped lips while you sleep.
And, do invest in good lipstick with a colour that suits your skin tone. Then, like Priyanka, go and take over the world!