OATS: YOUR BEAUTICIAN AT HOMEGurpreet Kaur
Recently, an unlikely name popped up as a beauty secret of several celebrities. Priyanka Chopra made it a star of skincare ingredients. Katrina Kaif turned it into an inevitable part of beauty rituals for a radiant face.
I am talking about the oats grain, the almost-permanent item on the breakfast table especially if you are going through a ‘healthy-food-only’ phase. And, almost all of us have a box of it somewhere in the kitchen. Because, this whole grain is a rich source of fibre, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
Yes, it is our humble oats that has now found its way to the beauty scene. As DIY face packs, scrubs and cleansers. Credit goes to all those celebrities who swear by its extra special ability to do wonders for the skin.
It seems a mix of oats can soothe your face just as a bowl of warm oatmeal can energise your morning. But, what exactly does it do for the skin?
- Oats and its anti-inflammatory properties can soothe the irritation of the skin.
- It is good for exfoliation, so you can say bye to dead cells in a jiffy.
- Since it contains Saponin, a natural cleanser, oats are ideal to clean the skin and remove grime.
- Being an antioxidant, oats can help to get rid of sunburn and reduce the damage caused by UV rays.
- It is rough in texture but gentle on the skin, so do not worry if you have ultra-sensitive skin.
How do you apply it to the face? It is as simple as making oatmeal for breakfast. There is a range of ingredients you can pick from the kitchen counter and mix with oats.
- Milk- Mix it well with oats and use it as a face pack.
- Honey- Add some water and honey to oats. This paste is a natural exfoliator and helps remove dead cells and smoothen the skin
- Turmeric – Grind oats and make a fine paste with turmeric and water, and leave it on the face for 15-20 minutes. It brings a natural glow to the face.
- Curd – Apply a mix of curd and oats on the face for radiant and clean skin in minutes.
Or just simply add water to coarsely powdered oats and apply it evenly on the face. Leave it for 15-20 minutes and wash off.
Why bother yourself with all these tasks? Need all these benefits in a bottle? Pick Soilscents’ face pack that is rich with oats and an exotic ingredient – Dead Sea Mud Clay!
While oats in this face pack work its anti-inflammatory properties and soothe the skin, its exfoliation qualities ensure that your face is transformed from tired-looking to radiant and shining within minutes. It works as an instant home facial to provide you with a natural glow.
Mud Clay from the Dead Sea is abundant in skin-nourishing minerals, and it exfoliates and detoxifies. Nothing else acts so fast at absorbing dirt, toxins, dead cells and excess oil as the pack dries on the skin. And there is more. This face pack also contains Frankincense Essential Oil, Vanilla oil and May Chang Essential Oil. Together, they tighten, tone, cleanse, nourish and disinfect the skin, and stimulate skin cell regeneration too.
Yes, your skin will thank you for this.